A few things to know about our library:
- We have TechXperts, students who provide tech support for staff and students.
- We are working on a program for "Maker Majors" in our makerspace.
- We also have changed to NoodleTools this year.
- Google Power Users
- Citation Czars
- Database Doyens
- Reading Prodigies
- Maker Majors
Each one can have strands for inquiry, communication, collaboration, innovation, critical thinking, creativity, literature appreciation, computational thinking, and digital citizenship. Needless to say, these elements of information literacy are key components in our schools 21st Century Learning Expectations:
- Analytical and Creative Problem Solving
- Reflective learning
- Effective Communication
- Healthy Life Choices
- Responsible, Productive Work and Collaboration
- Community Contribution
Certainly as we continue to co-teach with teachers in the various disciplines the foundational skills for each badge category are being established. As students move through four years of high school they will have the experiences and practice necessary to demonstrate mastery in all of these areas before they graduate. That, after all, is the point of our curriculum and our outreach into as many classes as possible. But the badging system would be a new way to honor the growth, the grit, and the necessity of developing information literacy skills.